Friday, May 1, 2009

Ein Deutsches Requiem

This is an AWESOME recording of the Brahms requiem (the thing I was in this week). It's not my choir or the Utah Valley Syphony Orchestra, but I just wanted people to hear the absolutely breathtaking piece I was able to be a part of. I skipped the fifth movement cuz we didn't sing it...I sincerely love this music and now believe what my choir director was continually telling us about how there is not a single wrong note written in this piece and that if anything is missing it just isn't complete....this requiem is TOTALLY a work of art!!! It's amazing and I hope that people get to hear it at least once in their life...it's just that good!

~Manda

Oh yeah...if you for some reason don't have time to listen to all the movements...at least listen to the 6th....it's my FAVORITE!!!! It's just kinda...wow!! (please listen to some of it...I want to share this with the whole world...especially the 6th movement...soooo intense!!!)
















1 comment:

  1. Manda--I can't find it. It says on both # 6's "error occurred - try later. So I will try later and as I listen I will try to remember all of your descriptive adjectives of admiration. You amaze us all. gm

    ReplyDelete