Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mission Papers: Officially sent off and everything!

So tonight I got a voice mail from my mom that informed me that my mission papers are all officially in and everything!  I'm so excited!  It was kind of funny because I was at work eating my peanut butter and jelly sandwich dinner when I checked my voice mail and I literally jumped up and down (which hurt because I sprained my ankle slipping on the ice last night).  And the next customer who came in was the first person I told....I'm just soooooo totally excited!  So far I've had lots of ideas from people as to where I'll get sent:


  • My Bishop: Costa Rica or Argentina
  • Grandma: somewhere Spanish speaking
  • Aunt Jean: Portugal (or SLC...that's what I've heard A LOT: Temple Square!!)
  • Mark the Shark: Pennsylvania or Scottland
  • Jimmy: Russia
  • Shuey: Nebraska or Germany
  • Customer: NYC
  • Josiah: Japan or Temple Square
  • and me (today's feelings anyway): Kansas or Temple Square for state side and Germany or somewhere in Africa for foreign (I change my mind on kind of a daily basis...so many great places, cannot choose which!)


For now I think I might put up a world map up somewhere and put flagged pins where people guess...I want lots of guesses (it's fun...maybe a little cheesy, but still fun).  I honestly don't know where I'd want to go and I really don't care where I get sent, I'm just so excited!  And in addition to all this, I just got a new calling as of yesterday--I'm now a ward missionary.  I'm super stoked!  I'm kind of sad I'm not in charge of all the music (cuz I love music AND being in charge) but I am very excited for my new calling!

So yeah, if you are reading this and can think of a place where I'd get sent, just let me know!

Love ya!
~Manda the future full-time missionary

3 comments:

  1. So exciting Amanda!! I guess Ireland and Paul guesses Russia. Julia would probably guess Mexico, since she knows that's where her cousins seem to be going lately:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett guesses: Wherever you DON'T want to go. He also said the Netherlands
    Chloe: Not China.
    Marci: Somewhere Spanish speaking.

    ReplyDelete