Monday, June 13, 2011

So...I'm leaving on a mission!

Tonight I get set apart as a missionary!!!!  It's actually happening!  (finally)

I had a big ole concert last night...all sacred music.  It was fun.  I did alright, not my best, but not too bad.  And it's over!  That's a pretty cool thing!  Afterwards we had a bunch of people over for ice cream sundaes which were delicious.  We then pulled out my mom's birthday cake and had her blow out the candles.  (it was yellow butterscotch chip cake with homemade chocolate frosting...I burnt the butterscotch a little, so it sounds better than it tastes...unfortunately).

Today I'm going to be finishing up my packing, tying up loose ends, getting the last few things I need for the mish, and getting set apart.  Then tomorrow at 1:20 I board a plane for Utah, and I then MTC it up starting Wednesday!  I'm so incredibly excited!

I'm going to have my parents keep up my blog and my facebook for me while I'm gone...so hopefully it gets done!  I'll put all my mission info on here today so it'll be here and on facebook.

I honestly can't wait to go!  It's going to be fantastic, I just know it!

~Manda

2 comments:

  1. You will be a great missionary! Have fun and follow the rules.
    Our sister missionaries have been leaving post it notes for me to find in my house after I feed them or in my car after going on exchanges to say thank you. It's super nice. Also, they recommend packing some good work gloves for service.
    My aunt puts my missionary cousin's letters on a blog each week so we can keep up with him. Maybe someone could upkeep your blog for you???? Please? Please? Please? And what's your address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was already planning on having my parents post my letters each week right here! And my address is now in the upper right hand corner right under the header of my blog. I also have it in a note on facebook. So don't worry, I'll be keeping in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete