Saturday, April 3, 2010

Opera performance...it's gonna be AWESOME! (so come!)


So, my opera workshop class is putting on a showcase of a bunch of opera scenes.  I'm in one from La Bohème.  I'm playing the part of Musetta, a singer.  In the scene she walks in with her current beau, an old rich guy who'd do just about anything for her, and she wants to get her old beau, Marcello, to get jealous and fall in love with her again.  The fact that he never stopped being in love with her makes this rather easy.  She sings a song about how gorgeous she is and how everyone envies her beauty and voice and all around awesomeness!  So, I pretty much love the song!
This is the dress that I'm wearing in the scene.  We decided to take it into the 50s.  I starched up the dress so it looks a lot stiffer and crisper than this picture, and the bow looks a lot perkier.  I love it...and it fits me perfectly and, with my cream heels and pearls, looks TOTALLY 50s!

So, I'm really excited for this performance...and I want EVERYONE I know to come!!!!  It's really fun, and there are so many great singers in it...so really, please come!  Love you all!

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment