Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Last P-Day in the MTC

So, in case you didn't get it from my title...today is my last P-day in the MTC.  This time next week pretty much won't exist for me as I am landing in Korea at 6:35 pm next Tuesday (and I'm leaving the US at 2:10 pm on Monday....I love time changes!)
 
So, not too many stories to share this week.  One of my teachers is on a vacation with his family for this week so our last day seeing him was on Saturday.  It was sad.  Ummmm...Sorry, not too many stories!
 
Well, mom and dad, I have some news for you.  I have a layover in San Fransisco from 12:18 pm to 2:10 pm and I'm aloud to call home at that time...so be expecting a call from me between either 3:18 and 5:10 or 4:18 and 6:10 (I honestly cannot remember the time difference between California and Maine...sorry) but yeah, I get to call home, so please don't forget!  Yeah, that's my exciting news.
 
I'm going to miss my district and my companion so much.  It's crazy how close you can get to five other people when you spend pretty much all day everyday with them for 12 weeks...ok, maybe not that crazy!
 
Our temple trip was good today...it was our last temple breakfast :( but wow, that food is soooo good!  I have loved getting to go to the temple a lot while I've been here!!!  It's been awesome!
 
Oh, I got a Korean name this week from my Korean companion! (Have I told you about her?  She's a solo sister with the natives and she's in my companionship..it's great!)  well she took what my name means in English and made me a Korean name.  Usually they take your initials (or really they do whatever they want)...Anyway, my name in Korean means "a lot of love" and it's Kim Ta Eh (I guess that's how you'd spell it in English...I don't know)  But yeah, Kim is my "family name"...but then she remembered a last name that's closer to mine "Ma"...but she likes Kim better (she is Sister Kim after all)  So yeah 김다애 is my Korean name...or 마다애....still haven't quite decided!
 
Ok, in language study this week we are finally learning "middle form".  As missionaries we will be teaching in high form because the gospel is an honorified subject.  We never speak in low form because you're not supposed to as a missionary. (If you don't understand any of this that's ok...I'm not good at explaining it)  But all of our contacting and conversational Korean will be in middle form...and we started learning it yesterday.  It's great!  There are a lot of vowels said in a row and it feels kind of funny to say.  It sounds so much more like how I imagined Korean would sound and less like Japanese...a little less.  I'm actually very excited to go out and teach in a language I don't know and then pretty much not be able to understand anything!  It's awesome!  I'll just have to rely on the Spirit a ton!  it's gonna be great!!!!!
 
Ok, so I don't have much else to say and I don't have much to respond to (my last P-day in the MTC and nothing mom and dad?  really?  :) I love you!)  So I hope everyone is doing well.  I love you all!  Thanks so much for all your support!
 
~McClellan 자매




















No comments:

Post a Comment