Tuesday, August 16, 2011

TWO WEEKS LEFT....yikes!

So let me start off by saying that I'm leaving two weeks from yesterday...and I don't speak Korean :)  It's great fun and I'm so excited.  I can (slowly) bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the restoration and a few other things and I can teach all the lessons (again, slowly and with a lot of stuttering) so it's gonna be FANTASTIC!!!!!
Ok, so I spoke in Sacrament meeting this week...in Korean.  We have to prepare a talk every Sunday on a specific subject and then two missionaries get picked at random to give their talks.  It was really so much fun.  I don't so much enjoy learning Korean in a classroom, but getting to speak it and use it and try new things and mess up a lot is the best!  I love our native sister.  She's a solo sister and is in my companionship.  She is so much fun and it is great getting to speak Korean to her.  I was happy on Sunday, because she understood pretty much all of my talk :).  After we give our talks we then say something to the effect of "this is what I think/hope I said" and then give our talk again in English.  All the talks are very short, but guess what, 3 weeks from now I'm going to be giving a talk in Korea in Korean...it's going to be AWESOME!!!!!
So, this is probably my favorite news of the week:  My teacher, Brother Andersen, got engaged yesterday!!!!!  My class is sooooo excited!  He is such a great teacher!  So, here's the story.  Last week Elder Gillis (in my district) was getting coaching from Brother Andersen.  Well, they were working on asking "penetrating questions" to be able to better teach members.  Elder Gillis was doing a great job because all of the sudden the other three of us in the classroom heard Brother Andersen talk about this girl he'd been dating and "taking it to the next level."  Elder Finlinson, Sister Paul, and I all kind of stopped and stared and then after class we asked him about it and he pulled out this ring book full of post-its...we went a little crazy with excitement!  We had to promise not to tell anyone, including the two other sisters in our district who weren't there...it was really hard.  The next day he tells us that he's ordered the ring and it should get here on Wednesday (as in tomorrow) and he's also ordered glass slippers (yeah, GLASS SLIPPERS!) that will get here Friday/Saturday.  Well, then yesterday came and he was doing a teaching evaluation for her as part of her applying for a job to work at the MTC and after she bore her testimony (his words:) "she was just too cute" and he proposed right there with a CTR ring.  Yes, this is my teacher, and this is all only fitting.  Well, right after he came to my zone's table at lunch and announced to my district that he was officially engaged and that we were the first people he told...funny thing, we had just seen him about an hour before and now he was engaged...it's great fun!
Well, I love the MTC.  We have "progressing investigators" that we teach all in Korean.  This week we committed one to baptism and then found out that he might have cancer.  This one is being played by Brother Wells, and he likes to kill off the investigators he plays, and the fact that he's going to be missing our last week of class makes us all believe that he's killing this one off.  Our other investigator (played by Brother Andersen) is having a hard time with the idea of baptism, but we're working on it.  It's been so great getting to have "investigators" and this week we're getting two more.  Each missionary in our district had to come up with an investigator they were going to be and now we're going to teach each other.  We get to teach the Elders.  I am very excited!
Here's a bit of interesting news: I ran into two people from UCAS this week.  One of them is a missionary, Sarah Cowden, and she's going to somewhere in California.   It's cool because we basically see each other everyday.  I also ran into Mr. Nelson, my old high school counselor.  He's in the branch presidency of the Thai branch.  It's was a little bizarre.
I also got to do a Korean name at the temple again today...they're the best!  We always get so excited when we get to do them!!!
So mom, tell Rose hi for me.  I love her to pieces!!!  she is just about the cutest and sweetest person on the face of the planet and she is such a WONDERFUL friend!  I just adore her!!!!!
Well, this is my second to last P-day at the MTC.  So, if any of you want to try your hand a dear elders (and please do, I'm the only one in my district who has never gotten one...the others get them almost everyday...they seem fun :)  hahaha) you've got a little under 2 weeks.  Love you all tons!  Thanks for all the prayers and support!
~Sister McClellan



No comments:

Post a Comment