Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hard week, not much time...hope you enjoy it anyway.

K, so my email wasn't working for a WHILE so I don't have much time!
 
Thank you so much for letters (Davis, yeah, finally got it) and emails.  You have no idea how much joy and encouragement they bring.  I've been having kind of a hard time lately, and knowing that I was going to be able to hear from my family and know that you're all proud of me and cheering me on...it just means a lot, so thank you!
 
This language is basically beating me up everyday and stealing my lunch money, but it's coming.  I love my investigators and am starting to understand how hard it is when they don't keep commitments and when they punk out on their appointments.  It's really sad when you know they're going in the direction that would align themselves with the Lord, but they just won't let go of things like coffee or working on Sunday...it's so sad!!!  And on the flip side, it's just SO happy when you have investigators that at first seem hard and intimidating and then the next time you meet them they have read a bunch more of the Book of Mormon than you had assigned and they have all these questions that get you so excited you could probably fly.  I've also learned that I am a person of INTENSE emotions!  When I'm happy there is nothing that can bring me down...unfortunately the same can be said about sad and scared and anxious, but also excited.  I'm so grateful that anger doesn't seem to be a hard one though. :)
 
The Lord loves His missionaries, and one of the coolest things I've learned through recent study of the Book of Mormon is that when someone truly has an understanding of the Atonement and truly repents the FIRST thing they want to do is help their bretheren (ie missionary work) whether it be through prayer, direct service, or preaching repentance (all parts of missionary work.)  I love it!  And I know that it's the same way for everyone.  If Satan wants everyone to be miserable and if we are truly on the Lord's side fighting the good fight, then we need to be able to share our joy, but the only way to share it is to feel it first...and that's why everyone needs to repent all the time, so they can help everyine else repent too!!!  Isn't it cool?!
 
Well, I'm pretty sure I should go soon.  I'm sending some pictures so that you can get a feel for where I'm at...sorry the city ones are at night...the city looks the coolest then.  I'll get some more of the day time.  And Danny, as for what Korea is like, it feels like I'm in a big Final Fantasy (especially 7) city every day with a little bit of Firefly mixed in (and the pictures of the city are for you!)
 
Love you all and hope you are doing well!!!  Stay Awesome!
 
~Sister Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment