Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hard...but rewarding week :)

So...this week was a little hard.  I occasionally feel pretty inadequate at teaching and talking, but the great thing is, the Lord's here to help me rather constantly.  I've also got an amazing zone that's more than willing to help with anything.  I just love being a missionary.
 
Well, today we got to go to the temple!!!  I love the temple, it's the greatest thing ever!!!!!  It was so great to be with so many missionaries.  When I'm around a lot of missionaries it reminds me of how it felt in the MTC -- like there is not a single thing on the planet that could even remotely be considered impossible!!!  Missionaries are the greatest!
 
Sister Seipel and I came up with a new contacting idea but haven't tried it out yet.  So, on Saturday we went to Young Womens to build a little 정 ("jung": kind of like trust, but not really...there's not an English word for it).  Well, while we were there I just started drawing everyone...just little thumbnails...it was a big hit!  They were so cute about it!  So, we're thinking about using drawing to get people we meet on the street during contacting to meet with us again.  We haven't actually done it yet, but we're hoping it'll be good.  We're not the best at being fun when we 전도.  (If anyone has ideas...)
 
We had a couple of MIRACLE lessons this week.  The first was with 오지연 (O-ji-yun), a theology student who knows the bible backwards and forwards in multiple languages.  She has some interesting takes on the bible and she gets off on tangents a lot.  It can be a little scary when we prepare, but she is seriously the cutest person, so it's always a blast meeting with her!!!  (Just some heavy "deep doctrine" questions every time...yikes!)  Well, it was amazing because at first she would NOT read the Book of Mormon unless we were there...and then, she got a little curious.  It was great.  I love it when people open the book for themselves and really start on the road to the truth.  It is so so so true that no one can convert someone, they have to do it themselves.  Well, we got about half way through lesson 1...major progress!!!
 
Miracle lesson 2: 유지수 (Yu-ji-su).  She seemed like she was just in it for the English, but when we met the second time she had not only done the reading (the Intro to the BoM) but she'd read the title page, the testimonies of the three and eight witnesses, and the testimony of Joseph Smith!!!  And she really wanted to keep going.  It was amazing!!!!
 
I love getting to teach all these wonderful people!  It is seriously so great.  But probably one of my favorite things is how different the Spirit feels for each person!  I love this mission thing!  It's the greatest!  Everyone should have the chance to be a missionary.  It's the hardest thing ever, but the things you get to experience, even the hard ones, are so amazing!  God loves us all so much and so individually!  I love how much I get to learn and I love how pure and undiluted the gospel feels as a missionary.  This work is truly great and marvelous!!!
 
Well, I love you all and hope you are doing well!  Gotta go!!!!!  Keep keeping me updated!  It makes the work that much easier and worth it when I get to hear how people are doing!
 
~Sister McClellan
 
P.S. Next week my P-day is on Monday again, so I'll be emailing Sunday your time...I think.  Just so-s y-all know!

1 comment: