Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh good golly! I had part of my toenail removed at the WORST time to have that done!!! I just took a Spanish test that wasn't too hard (I'm hoping that's the case and it's not just me being REALLY bad at Spanish.) I have a theory project due tomorrow and I'm only half done. I have about a million songs to memorize and a million other things to do! This semester is getting a little stressful....but on the bright side I'm no longer full of infection (I hope). (I think I'm gonna go to the doctor sometime soon to make sure it's all gone) I'm going about a mile a minute again...it's nice to have bounced back. All my teachers are kind of surprised at how chipper and lively I am compared to the past few weeks...I guess that infection was bogging me down quite a bit. Another plus to having it gone is that my shoes aren't as tight as they were a while ago and I can run again...my exercise has been seriously lax lately...not very intense.

Oh, speaking of intense, I've been having these really vivid dreams lately. A few days ago I had a dream where I was running around my apartment complex with a backpack that just kept getting heavier and heavier. I was on some secret mission and while I was running around these people kept remodeling everything. They were making everything purple, blue, gold, really rich colors and the halls kept closing in making me feel like Alice in Wonderland. Well, I finished the mission and I looked at my watch and I only had a few more minutes to get back home so I started running really fast, but as I was running my backpack was getting so heavy that I was almost falling over. I pushed harder and harder only to be passed by construction workers walking and laughing. I was going so slow and pushing myself so hard and I started crying. But I finally got to my door, looked at my watch and had only a few seconds left. I took out my keys and dropped them, so I picked them back up (which was really hard considering the infinitely heavy backpack I was carrying). I put the key in the key hole and it didn't work. I tried again and again to make it work. When it finally did I turned the doorknob, the timer went off, and I woke up...I'll never know what happens next...if there was someone behind the door or if my newly remodeled apartment blew up cuz I didn't get home fast enough or anything...cool dream though.

Another dream I had was just as intense but not as cool. I was at home in Maine and everything was as it was supposed to be except my mom had just had another baby, it was a boy and he looked just like Danny only he smiled and had a LOT of expression. Well Danny and I were hobbit clubbing it outside (the Hobbit club is where you walk around the forest barefoot and pretend you are taking the ring to Mordor...it's pretty fun!) Well all of the sudden he was dead. I only knew he was dead because of the multiple flashbacks I had. He died a different way every time. One time he jumped off the house, another time he was run over by a semi, another time he fell into the ocean and drowned...I had a lot of flashbacks of how he died. Well time went on and I was really sad cuz Danny was just gone and all of the sudden the baby was about a year old, but I think he could talk and walk just like the seven year old Danny. I told my mom I missed Danny and all she did was hand me the baby and tell me that the baby was Danny. I held the baby and looked at him. Sure he looked like Danny, but the way he smiled all the time and his voice and the way he moved was so not Danny. I went to my mom and told her that the baby wasn't Danny. She just looked at me like I was crazy and told me that he was Danny. I did this same thing with my brothers and my dad and they all told me the baby was Danny. I just got sooo mad and soooo frustrated cuz they all talked about how Danny had died but they also said this baby was Danny. I got so angry at that baby and started yelling at him, but he told me that he knew he wasn't Danny. I got even more angry and I told him how I hated that he looked like my real brother and how he stole his body and didn't even try to act like him. He asked me if I really wanted that and I just got angrier and left the baby alone in the living room and spent the rest of my dream looking at pictures of Danny because I missed him so much. The weirdest part of this dream was that my house and the roads and bridges in it were EXACTLY like they are in real life...that never happens...but that was a really disturbing dream.

And then there's my dream from last night. So I was in this cute little house with this guy who was my best friend sometimes, my boyfriend others. (It's weird cuz this guy, Dan, is someone I don't know really well...he's way cute, but he dated one of my friends a while ago and it ended badly...he's an awesome guy though...things were just weird. I've seen him a few times since he dated my friend, Lisa. Once when he was working at Olive Garden and once when he came into Coneys...he doesn't think I every remember him...I do! hahaha...but before I fell asleep I out of the blue thought that I should see if I could contact him via facebook or my friend from Institute and just see how he's doing...then I had this dream about him....weird!!!) Well, my dream. He and I were running from either the government or anti-government people...I dunno which...we were just running because we had been working for this agency/company/government thing and the bad guys (I'm just guessing we were good guys) were chasing us for something we knew or had done. So we ended up in this cute little house near a cute little neighborhood...we had a HUGE yard, but we were fairly close to the neighborhood. We were supposed to be pretending to be a newly married couple (now that I think about it this dream feels a lot like an episode of Chuck). At the beginning of the dream Dan and I were best friends and partners for the agency thingy but by the end of the dream we were in love or something....it was way weird. I woke up and was kind of confused. I never even really liked Dan and he and I were never really friends...he's actually a little afraid of me I think. I don't exactly blame him, I wasn't really nice to him (not that I was mean)...I was always really sarcastic around him. And now I feel bad after having this weird dream...so now I really AM going to try to get in contact with him if only to say I'm sorry.

So those are my dreams....hahahaha...they're kinda weird, but I like my intense dreams (I'd just like to know why in all my surrealish dreams, where floors move and halls change size and I feel like they're all in this different world that I invented in my sleep, there is so much purple...I don't even like purple...totally strange!!!!) So...I think my dreams are fun...and they distract from real life without having to stare at a screen with moving pictures for hours or spend obsessive amounts of time reading books...not that I have anything against EITHER of those things...quite on the contrary, I LOVE them both...just not so much during the school year...those seem to be more summer suitable activities. So yay huh?!

I love my life....even if...wait no....especially because I'm kind of a nerd!!! hahahaha

~Manda

2 comments:

  1. those are some pretty crazy dreams! I just talked to your mom and you might come see me! that would be great! keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a NERD! You are my Mandi! I had the same toe nail probem and Dr. appointment when I was your age. Your mom told me a out it at the time/ sorry. love gm

    ReplyDelete