Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My book characters!!!

Ok, so the photo shoot for my book might never happen...school's gotten really hard all of the sudden....funny how that always seems to happen right around finals. But I REALLY love the people who agreed to be in the shoot, and I really like my book (and will like it even more when I finish). So I wanted to share pics of the friends of mine who agreed to be photographed as fictional characters I made up. Eve and Chuck (the two at the bottom) are the main characters...everyone else is a supporting character. I still haven't found people for Danny (Logan and Kevin's best friends and self-absorbed, well dressed, millionaire's son), the Indiana Jones-y atractive high school English class student teacher, or Kevin (Lily's rich, snotty, kind of mean, but mostly to Chuck, boyfriend). I have ideas, but I haven't quite figured it out yet...just wanted to share a bit of my story with someone (in case this photo shoot never happens). Just having faces to go with the characters really helps me with the writing...I can't wait till the busyness of school dies down so I can start writing again!!!


This is Nick. He's Charlotte's boyfriend. He's a college freshman at UC Irvine, all the other characters are high school seniors. He helps Charlotte with her video blog (the Crime Fighting Librarian...she anonymously posts info about crimes, cataloging everything library style...it's like Gossip Girl meets Nancy Drew.) After she graduates from high school she goes to UCLA rather than UC Irvine because she gets an internship with Mutant Enemy(Joss Whendon's production company). He transfers there so he can be closer to her...some pretty funny stuff develops from that in the second book. (K, so this real person is Nate. I met him in my Institute class. He is way funny, way nice, and way cute!! Yeah...he's Nate!)


This is Spencer, the twin brother of Charlotte. He's nearly magic with computers (his sister is good, but this kid's a genius). He's had a crush on Lily since he was six. When Eve moves in she and Charlotte become best friends and that makes it so Spencer and Lily finally get to know each other. She ends up liking him...yeah, cheesy, but oh well!! (This kid is the coolest! His name is John. I met him over spring break when my friend, Shantel, and I decided to go to BYU and look at a cool exhibit in the art museum. We ended up having lunch with him...he's so super cool and nice!!! I'm so glad I got to meet him.)


These two are Andrea and Logan. At the beginning of the book Logan likes Eve, Eve likes Chuck, and Andrea likes Logan and kind of hates Eve. Andrea and Lily have been best friends since birth, and she's kind of Lily's darker half. Logan is just Logan. He thinks he's cooler than he really is and shows it by acting superior to everyone, but no one really cares. Andrea eventually gets over Logan and falls for Danny. (These two are two of my best friends from high school, Corina and Seth. They are so funny, and even funnier together!!! I love these guys!!!!)


This is Charlotte. She's Spencer's twin sister and she's obsessed with Macs and all things Joss Whedon. She's been neighbors with Lily her whole life, but they've never really talked...mostly because Charlotte thinks she's too good for Lily. Her mom died shortly after having her and her brother. She's usually a sweety, but she's got kind of an edge which makes her kind of mean to people she thinks deserve it. She's really smart and has a photographic memory. She also loves all things polka dot, plaid, and striped. (This character is mostly based on me...or who I sometimes wish I could be...but this girl, Abby, is one of the coolest, sweetest, nicest people I've ever met. She's kind of afraid of technology...we were in the same Music Tech class. She's like a teeny tiny concentrated ball of sunshine with really big, naturally curly hair. I want to grow up to be like Abby!!!)


This is Lily, the most popular girl at Ocean View Prep. She's Eve's cousin and she tries really hard to be nice to people, but her friends (Andrea, Danny, and Logan) and her boyfriend (Kevin) make that a little hard for her. She's also sometimes kind of a ditz. She's kind of the epitome of a popular, Barbie like, high school prom (and everything else) queen. (She's really Katie. A super amazing girl I met in choir. She's so pretty and nice to just about EVERYONE!!! She was Miss Davis County and is going to try for Miss Utah...she's AMAZING!!!!)


This is Chuck. He's Charlotte's best friend. He continually tries to get Eve interested in him, but she's crazy and keeps having flashbacks to her abusive ex every time he tries to touch her. He knew her in kindergarten, right before his family left Vegas for Laguna Niguel. He helps Eve with her sanity and helps her try to find out what happened to her parents. He eventually helps Eve to not be so jumpy around people...but she's still crazy. He ends up liking even crazy Eve. (It's my friend Ryan. I met him the night this picture was taken. It was at Pam's (the girl who's Eve) birthday party at Fat Cats. He was so funny dancing between every time he bowled. He saw me in the hall the computer lab the otherday and stopped and said hi...I felt so bad cuz I had no idea who he was. I saw him later that day and finally remembered who he was...I felt so bad that I forgot who he was...I mean, he's way cute....how could I have forgotten?!)


This is Eve. She's kind of crazy. Her parents and only sister died in a car accident leaving her with a ginormous inheritance (that she had no idea existed). She grew up in Vegas and moves to Laguna Niguel and learns that the car accident was actually only made to LOOK like an accident...it was actually murder. She tries to find out who killed her parents and does by the end of the book. When she first moves she likes Chuck, but he beats up Logan, so she takes pity on Logan and dates him even though she likes Chuck. When Logan tries to kiss her (and Eve freaks out because she suddenly believes Logan is her ex, Johnny, trying to hit her again) she realizes that she likes Chuck, but when Chuck tells her that the she would only ever be able to feel safe and loved around him (he pretty much tells her that he's the only one for her...it's all romantic, but this is Eve so...) she becomes stubborn and refuses to date anyone. It's only after Chuck saves her life (the second time) that she admits that she likes him...drama, I know!!! (It's really my friend Pamela Filipelli...cool name....really cool girl!!! She's in my ward and LOVES pretending to be a movie star...she is so funny! She really wanted to play this character in the photo shoot cuz she thinks she's a little crazy...and she said that even if she's not, playing a crazy person has got to be fun, right?! And I really wanted her because she fit the description of Eve, and c'mon, look at her...she's way pretty!!!...Well in this picture she's an almost scary, crazy pretty...but she is WAY pretty!!!)


This is Eve and Chuck together. (This was at Pam's party....I just thought it was a fun picture...the two main characters together...YAY!!!)

If you read this all...I'm sorry...but thanks so much! I LOVE my book and can't wait to finish it!!!! (and it's sequel...in the second one Eve becomes kind of schizophrenic and keeps seeing her dead family and evidence planted by a psycho stalker making her believe her family is still alive. They're not, but she thinks they are. There's also a superhero aspect of all this...it's cool, but I'm still working it out!)

2 comments:

  1. Manda,manda: I just found you on Aunt Leanne's blog. What are you doing now - I am excited, your talents never stop. Just finish the book - anyway I would love to read your expressions. The picture take of the characters is such a creative idea. Where did you find that newspaper room? loveyou gm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me amanda. You certainly do know quite a few beautiful people...care to hook me up?
    You books sound interesting. When you finish you'll have to let me read it.

    ReplyDelete