Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big Giant Prayer of Thanks!!!

I'm so full of gratitude right now! Yesterday I was starting to get that end-of-semester-panic type freak out. I went to school, after that I practiced the piano for an hour, then I went home, got a little homework done, headed back to school for a voice lesson, realized that I should have all my pieces memorized right now, but I so don't! Then I had to get a few things done at school so I missed my bus twice and realized that there was no way to finish all I had to do and go to work, even if it was for a couple hours. I was then extraordinarily blessed when Kris actually answered his phone and said he could take my shift at work. Right around that same time Shuey offered me a ride back to my apt and then he and Kimberlie asked me if I would join them in going to Taco Bell. Then I was able to get soooo much homework done (still need to do some writing, reading, analysis, piano, and memorization...but it's a lot less then what I had to do yesterday!) I was then able to get to sleep at 12!! yay! And then today I woke up late, but my first class was canceled, so no worries! I got to school in time for piano and the door to the classroom was open (and I had gotten there early) so I started practicing. The class slowly trickled in and after seeing my 6 pg Rondo that I had chosen to memorize instead of a 1-2 pg pedagogical piece like the pieces they had chosen a few students asked me to help them figure out chord progressions in B and E...and then I got to have another hour of uninterrupted practice. My teacher got to class when there were about 5 minutes left and she helped me with my fingering (it was so cool, cuz the whole class just stayed and practiced instead of leaving class early cuz the teacher wasn't there!!! awesome!) And then my next class was canceled so I was able to get even more homework done (although I didn't get too much done...it was nice to have a little break) and then I was able to stay wide awake all through choir! woohoo!!! After school I was able to spend some time with my roommate, Allison...oh my goodness, she is just so much fun! And boy can she sing!!!! I freaking love her!
So yeah, that my big giant prayer of thanks! Everything is just going so well! Not easy and flawless, but life is still going and I'm not too far behind! I just wanted to share all the little ways God has shown me he loves me! I need to hit my knees a little longer at night and actually express to him in more words this giant prayer of thanks that has been building up....cuz what I've written here isn't even half of it! So yeah...happy Thanksgiving (soon) to all! yay!
~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment