Monday, July 5, 2010

Long Day & The Ever Constant Job Search!

So I'm pretty much WAY tired right now!  I've had the most amazing week, but I'm going to post more on that later.  I've realized through this week how much of a slacker I really am right now.  I was pretty stellar in high school, but I've gotten exceptionally lax as of late and that just isn't awesome.  So, there's something to work on! :)
Marly and Claire...yes, your phones and yourselves made my life so much easier this morning... muchisimas gracias por todo!!!!!!

K, so I woke up at 5:45 today and headed over to TRAX (I was in SLC and decided that the earlier I got to TRAX the earlier I'd get to my apt and the more likely I'd be able to get to work on time)...Well, I got to TRAX, checked the schedule, bought me up a ticket and waited...and waited...and panicked a bit as I waited some more.  I then remembered that because the 4th of July (my favorite holiday second to Valentines Day) landed on a Sunday that today might be a holiday of sorts...and it was, so no buses.  I would've been able to get to Sandy, but not Provo.  I then headed to a hotel and used their phone, but it would only call local numbers which made it hard to even call people in my ward.  I then found a pay phone and called my mom, and then finally came up with the smart idea of heading back to Grandma's condo (the place I had spent the night with my cousins on our way from Idaho).  When I got there I was able to use Marly and Claire's phones (they're my cousins, my life-saving cousins!!!)  And at 9:06 I finally found a ride and was able to get to work only a little late.  

I worked till 5, got home at about 5:30 and returned to my seemingly fruitless job hunt.  I found a few positions open at 7-eleven (mmmm, Slurpees...I want one sooooo bad right now!!!) and Home Depot, and then I was on Facebook with my old KFC buddy, Tyler, and he suggested that I apply where he works: Costco.  So, I did.  And that was my day...oh, and I had a chicken sandwich and some dry cereal (I was too tired to cook...speaking of which....I really need some water!!!)  I also discovered that listening to Lifehouse on Pandora practically SCREAMS high school for me...it's kind of crazy.

Ok, I'm going a little nutty with my sleepiness...have a fantastic night everyone!  Love you all!!!!!

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment