Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HALF WAY through the MTC!!!!!

So this computer won't print my emails...and as I am timed that means I've only glanced at the ones people have sent me.
 
Mom: Thank you so much for the package!!!  It means so much to read that I am loved :)
 
So, all of the older districts left yesterday.  I miss them more than I thought I would.  (Especially Sister Myrick...she and I got close.)  Well...yeah.  It's a lot quieter with no natives (they have got to be the loudest people in the MTC) and the older districts were just so cool.  there was a lot of excitement and a lot of crying yesterday...and the occasional "what have I gotten myself into", but it was great.  They're all going to be such good missionaries!
 
So I auditioned this week and didn't get asked to perform.  I instead got asked to come back this week with a different song (I auditioned with Amazing Grace and this week I got asked to sing O Divine Redeemer).  I keep trying to meet with my accompanist, Elder Jepson going to the Japan Kobe (I think) mission, but our schedules clash a little.  He's a really amazing pianist!
 
This week we get to teach our first all Korean lesson in the TRC...it's pretty exciting, my companion and I have been working on the vocabulary we need to be able to teach this lesson.
 
Ok, so I really don't know what to write about...let me think....hmmmm....OH!!!!  Evan!  Congratulations on turning 12, getting the priesthood, and getting to be able to go to the temple...that is all so exciting!!!  You are sooooo awesome!  All my friends here are excited for you too!!!
 
Oh and mom, I thought about what I want for my birthday.  When the natives came they all had these PMGs with Korean on one side of the book and English on the other (so you were looking at the book and the page on the left was in Korean and the page on the right was in English) and you can get all the pdfs somewhere online...If you could make me one of those that would be great (because you can't buy them) and if it could be a little one...that would be cool.  While I've been here I actually did get a little PMG in English.  It's about the same size as my scriptures.  Elder Finlinson in my district's mom made him one through alphagraphics and now everyone who sees his wants one, so he has his mom send them and people buy them...it's really funny!
 
Oh, so I just got put in as branch music director.  I find the whole leading music while singing in Korean (which I'm still not very good at) a little overwhelming, but it's so exciting!
 
Well, I'm sorry, but right now is one of those few times in my life where I just don't know what to say.  So I guess I'm done!
 
I love you all and hope you are all doing well.  I love the letters and packages you send (and if you don't want to take the time to write a letter, dear elder is awesome for that)...please send me your addresses so I can write you all better!
 
Love, Sister McClellan!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment