Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So Much to write...So little time!!!

So, I haven´t had time to read anyone´s emails, but I promise I will....after email time though! :)  I have so many things to tell all of you!
 
First, last Tuesday we had the greatest devotional!!!  It was by F. Melvin Hammond (emeritus seventy) and his wife, Bonnie.  Basically I love them!  Sister Hammond talked to us about going out cheerfully.  She also talked about how when you use music in the lessons that it is magical...that made me smile.  The way she talked about the Boook of Mormon was also inspiring.  she and her husband read from the Book of Mormon in English and Spanish everyday together.  She very passionately talked about the hard work that went into learning Spanish and how she cherishes that language through reading and studying the Book of Mormon in Spanish.  After she spoke she accompanied her husband in singing...oh dang, I can´t remember and I forgot to write it down.  It was incredibly sweet though!  Elder Hammond then gave us 4 promises of devine knowledge we will gain through the Holy Ghost. 1. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World, 2. Those who pursue and ask will gain a testimony of the truth and divinity that the book is true, 3. Joseph Smith is God´s revelator and prophet, 4. The Church is the Lord´s kingdom again on the Earth in preparation of the second coming.  He also told us that every soul we can get to read the Book of Mormon will be able to recieve those same promises.  I could go on, I just adored them!  They reminged me so much of Grandma and Grandpa Mickelsen...it made me very happy.  I just wanted to go up and hug them at the end of the devotional.
 
Ok, Sunday´s fireside was also fantastic!  We got to hear from Steven B. Allen.  He´s important at the MTC, and he´s awesome, I just can´t remember what he does.  He used to be a producer for the Church and was in charge of all the LDS commercials for a while.  We watche d commercials the whole time!  I just laughed and laughed.  It´s funny that you can avoid commercials your whole life, but after no TV for 6 weeks LDS commercials are more than welcome (and the Testaments is legit entertainment!)  I just want to share some of the taglines...they´re cute!  "When everything says you can't, believe in the part of you that says you can." "It's not who youi aren't, it's who you are. And being yourself is being great."  "Sometimes the most important thing you can give is yourself." "It's often life's small moments that bring the greatest memories.  Don't let the magic passyou by."  "The people in your heart can't see what's in your heart.  You need to let them know what's in your heart everyday"  "How [companions] feel about themselves is often how they see themselves."  "Sharing, it's the icing on the cake"  "If you think childish arguments don't hurt your marriage (or companionship) don't kid yourself."  "Whatever you do in life just do your best."  K, so I know they're cheesey, but hey, I'm a missionary, they're true, and it was entertaining!  :)
 
Two last things and then I'm out of time :(
 
First, one of our teachers went to Lake Mead last weekend and we had subs on thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  Well, he taught us again last night and told us about this dream he had while on his trip.  So in his dream he got another mission call.  He was worried about it because he just didn't have the time to serve another two year mission.  Well, he didn't tell anyone but somehow he ended up back in the MTC all dressed like a missionary with his suitcases and tag and everything.  He thought about all the things he was supposed to be doing (school, finding a wife, etc.) but the thing that made him want to break out of the MTC was the fact that his missionaries (my district) didn't have a teacher.  He spent most of his dream trying to find us and started freaking out because he couldn't, so he decided to break out.  He had a whole plan of taking off his tag and finding a visitors badge but he woke up before he could do it.  So, in short, our teacher missed us :)
 
Last, and I need to type fast, the fire alarm went off in our building at 2:00 AM last night.  It was the LOUDEST thing I've ever heard and it completely emptied the building (no fire...they don't know why it went off).  But here's the story: I got out of bed, realized what was happening (through a serious half-asleep fog) and the first thing I grabbed wasn't my shoes or my glasses...it was my nametag!  hahahahahaha, NO ONE else had theirs, but I, for some reason, just HAD to have mine before anything else.  Yeah, I'm definitely a missionary!!!  hahahahahaha
 
Out of time! Bye :)
 
~Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment