Friday, September 26, 2008

I am a complete and total nerd...it is official!

So I'm lame...and a nerd! And I'm not just saying I'm one of those know a lot about television shows kind of nerds, I'm the kind who fantasizes about meeting the cast and crew, dresses up like the characters, has calendars, script books, soundtracks, etc., has not only the episodes, lines, seasons, episode numbers, etc. memorized, but also commentaries that go along with them. I dream about being one of the nerd who goes to Comic Con in replica costume with replica (or real) props and meeting members of the cast and crew...I never thought it would happen...but I'm officially "one of them". And sadly it has re-manifest itself today.
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog recently created the "Evil League of Evil". You can actually submit an application...only thing is that it has to be a movie. I'm guessing that it also has to follow the guidelines given in the letter from Bad Horse that is heard in Dr. Horrible. Well, if you get accepted, your video, I believe, will be put on the DVD. I really, really want to do it! It would just be so cool to be on a DVD. Plus, you think about the iTunes downloads now and Dr. Horrible is #2....WOW! I want to do this, but I don't think I'll be courageous enough to actually try. (But that doesn't mean this want isn't incredibly distracting and I won't ever stop thinking about it!) Oh well.
So, yeah...reading through my blogs....I am a nerd. Plain and simple. I don't think people (besides maybe my dad) realize how bad it is. I tell people and they either try to console me or try to show me how they're one too. For example, there's this group on facebook, Female nerds unite--or something like that. Well, they have seven requirements to be able to join the group. You only need to be able to fill four to be accepted. One of them is...well, it's too cool to be considered nerdy. (you need to have liked Classic Rock before it became popular again...I'm sorry....NOT nerdy!) Well, needless to say....I filled all seven requirements a little too well. I think I am probably going to have a room in my future house for mint comics, action figures, first edition DVDs and their corresponding box sets, life size cut-outs of characters, etc. hahaha....Ahhh, to be rich!
So, that's what I am....and I'm pretty much embarrassed-ly proud!
~Manda

2 comments:

  1. Sorry amanda.. you've been caught... cute blog... keep it up, hope you don't mind me finding it and following it. love ya, aunt leanne

    ReplyDelete