Sunday, March 7, 2010

Drowning my sorrows in a pint of Moose Tracks

Ok, so that's not completely true.  It's not Moose Tracks (which is too bad because it has become my new all time favorite flavor of ice cream...it's got the vanilla that I love and then all the peanut butter and chocolate, but it doesn't over power the vanilla...yum), it's chocolate custard from Coneys.  And I didn't have a pint (which would have been WAY too much ice cream).  But yes, the sorrows part is true.  The promotion I keep getting promised (and have been getting promised since I started working at Coneys) has been given to yet another person before being given to me.  And to top that off, the additional jobs I have been looking at are starting to lay people off and cut hours of their employees, so there's no way I'm getting hired.  Very sad day for my small paycheck.

But on a more joyous note, I have stake conference this weekend.  It's already been amazing!  I do love me some stake conference.  (And I honestly haven't minded that today's session doesn't start till 2...very nice change from the normal 9 o'clock Sunday meetings I'm used to.)


Well, I'd best be getting the rest of the way ready for church.  And lets all hope I looked a little more composed (like this pic) rather than the one at the beginning of my post with all my ice cream drowning.  hahahahaha  Love you all!

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment