Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Glee auditions are now open, and I'm trying out!

So, I've been planning on entering the open auditions for Glee and I'm pretty excited!  Yesterday I received an email from Fox that they've opened auditions from March 30 to April 26.  You make a video with a 1 minute introduction and explanation of why you want to be on Glee and then you sing your song.  Unfortunately for me you have to pick a song from their song list...that scares me.  They are also having you submit the auditions through MySpace (something I haven't used for YEARS) with either a karaoke style accompaniment found on MySpace or a cappella, and they're letting fans (on MySpace) vote for who gets to be on the show...again, terrifying.  (But since I'm just doing this for fun and do not expect anything out of it but fun, that's totally fine!  yay!)  So I thought I'd enlist the help of the (few) people who read my blog to see if I could get any good suggestions.  Most of you know my voice fairly well, so let me know what you think I should sing for my audition.

Here's the song list.  I'm posting the title etc. as well as recordings from the show and the original artist.  Thanks for your help!  :)

And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going - Dreamgirls





Gold Digger (Radio Version) - Kanye West



Rehab - Amy Winehouse





You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones





Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon





Don't Rain On My Parade - Barbara Streisand





Hate On Me - Jill Scott





Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne





Lean On Me - Bill Wither





True Colors - Phil Collins


(Sorry about the lame slideshow)




So yeah...none of them are very "me", but tell me what you think!

~Manda

2 comments:

  1. I tried this once..think I lost it. But it looks/seems like this task is a lot of work. Takes my breath away. Only Manda could do it. Keep in touch and let us know what is going/coming on. love gm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I don't know why but I'm leaning towards True Colors...

    I love your blog by the way

    http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete