Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A great night of greatness

So, I was able to get a good chunk of homework done while I was on the elliptical today so that gave me some time for fun.  I stopped by the library at my school and picked up some DVDs before I went home.  I got You Can't Take it With YouAmadeusLittle Women (the newer one), and the Importance of Being Earnest (also the newer one).  I was able to watch the first two tonight.

I watched Amadeus first (now mind you, it's not the director's cut that's rated R, it's the theatrical cut that's rated PG...I made sure).  I've only ever seen a clip of it in my humanities class in high school, but I fell in love with it and have wanted to see it ever since.  It was great!!!  It kind of reminded me of Marie Antoinette (one of my FAVORITE movies!!!)  It was kind of sad though.  I really want to own it one day!

Part way through the movie Shuey came over and we went to 7-Eleven where I got a Slurpee and some gummy worms.  When we got back I worked on ironing and folding and hanging my clothes while he worked on homework.  (Exciting, I know.)


After Amadeus was over I popped in You Can't Take it With You.  I've seen the stage production countless times when I was on the sound crew for it in 9th grade.  I absolutely LOVE the show and I've wanted to see the movie for forever.  It's such a great, funny movie!  One day I'll own it, Twelve Angry Men, and And Then There Were None.  Boy do I love those movies/plays...Three favorites of mine!!!

So, while you might see this night as boring and eventless I see it as great night of greatness!!!!  Its been so relaxing and I've gotten so much done while relaxing and enjoying myself...what an incredible night!!!

So, that's all...I mostly I discovered movies that I really, really want in my personal collection, but it was such a fun night for me!!!  And that's all.

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment