Friday, February 26, 2010

Huzzah...SUCCESS!!!!!



So today was the end of this week's high stresses!  I sang in master class today (and did very well I thought....it was quite awesome!)  And tonight I had the last night of worry in relation to the 4T's concert (a big concert involving the whole school of the arts and their best things to showcase).   It was AMAZING!  There were so many absolutely incredible performances!  I hope I can get a copy of the video...and I hope people post pics and vids up on facebook soon.  It was so much fun and so amazing I wish everyone could've come!  My roommate came and took some pics of us on the stage...and I got some pics of the GREAT dress I was able to wear!

Well, the double quartet also sang and in my opinion, we NAILED it!  We really got into it and I just had so much fun getting to sing with all those amazing singers that are in the double quartet.  Being a part of something like that is really a humbling experience..they're just soooo good!  I occasionally feel like I can't keep up, but then I work and work and work on my music and realize that I can...with a lot of work!  It's so much fun and it's really getting me back into the swing of really LOVING to sing again!

After the concert we all met up with each other and waited for the audience to get out (for girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, etc.)  It was funny, ok, so apparently I got a lot of face time with the camera because everyone recognized me and a few people came up to me and told me how pretty my face was...and then they touched my face.  That only happened twice, but it was still pretty weird!  (Especially...touching? not my favorite...especially from strangers, but it was an incredible compliment!)  and then we all went to Noodles & Company for a celebratory dinner.

Dinner was good and so much fun!!!  We got a lot of business things taken care of, like we're going to be practicing every Wednesday at 8:30 pm, and we're going to see if Dyanne (our choir director) would like us to take on a few of the pieces that would sound better with fewer voices so that the Chamber choir can have more time to work on our harder (like really really hard) pieces.  Plus, Dyanne's been recovering from a surgery and hasn't been able to be in class all week, so we're hoping to potentially alleviate some of the work...so, that's yet to be seen.

Well, we originally wanted to go to Five Guys for burgers after the concert, but a few people changed there minds right after the concert, so we spur of the moment changed places about 5 times.  Unfortunately that left five of us craving burgers and being completely unsatisfied.  So instead of being content and going our separate ways we decided to do the unhealthy thing and follow our dinner with In'N'Out..yeah, trying to lose weight and I go there...it's celebratory and so it's just fine!  And it was a BLAST!!!!!  We all went totally psycho!!!! (but in a good way...kinda.)  It was fun fun fun!!!

Well, that's all, I'm way tired, and I've gotta get up early for school!  Adios!

~Manda

2 comments:

  1. Manda! where are you, I wanted you to come out front in your pretty dress and sing. I did get the feel of it...were you in the back as a chorus number? Explain some more and send something with you in it. Do you know these 2 lead people. BIG audience. What a gift to be part of all of this...gm

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! HOW CUTE!!!!!!! i LOVE that dress!

    ReplyDelete