Friday, February 12, 2010

Clothing idea "shopping" + shower = All good-mood-y now!!!

Ok, so after that last post I went and took a shower and feel much better now.

Well, I've been looking for ideas of what to wear on Valentines Day.  For a long ol' while I've just ADORED the holiday.  I decided that it's a great day to dress up and get all cute (and buy a new outfit), bake, make things for friends, etc. etc.  I just love it (it IS my all time favorite.)  So, because I dress up every year I need to keep that tradition alive...but what to wear?!  I'm pretty sure I know what I'd wear if it were a weekday (my red dress)...but as it's on a Sunday this year (and I wear that dress to church a lot) I needed to do some research (and some possible bargain shopping tomorrow).

Well, I enlisted the help of Google and a few of my favorite fashion icons: Zooey Deschanel, Katy Perry, and (of course) Audrey Hepburn.  I just wanted to share a few of my favorite pics I found!


K, first of all I absolutely adore Zooey...she is pretty much just incredibly awesome!!!  I recently saw a red beret at D.I. and thought about getting it...I didn't, but now I'm really wishing I had.  And check out those glasses!  They look SO much like the ones I just bought at D.I., how about that!  (I was pretty much way excited about that when I found this pic...if I can be at all like Zooey fashion-wise, that is a gooood thing!)  I've been really wanting scarves lately and this one here is no exception.  Wish I could pull off sweaters better...but they tend to just make me look bulky and not feel all that pretty...but there's always the occasional one that I love!




K, more Zooey.  I really liked these because of the tights!  I used to NEVER wear tights!!!!  (Pretty much as a rule...I had always considered them to be too much like nylons or I'd associate them with being little...and let's see, who focuses a lot of her energy on not losing the ideals of a 4 year old?  Oh yeah, that'd be me...not sure WHAT I was thinking...hahaha) But my roommate last semester, Debbie (the one from England), she wore tights all the time, so I decided to try it!  They are so comfy and warm and not at all like annoying nylons (they don't get runs as easy!)  But I only have black ones.  I'd love some navy blue, shimmery silver, or redish-purpley ones!  (Also...in the top pic...I want a yellow skirt now...but a longer one.)




Ok, the first one isn't Audrey Hepburn, but it is most definitely an Audrey-y dress.  So I was looking at the two of these and thought if combined (the lacy, asymmetrical collar and bow on Zooey's and the circumference and length of the Audrey look alike) they would probably make an awesome wedding dress!!!!  Especially with a veil kind of like this:

but white of course (and with a normal bow...but big and shiny...and a few beads/jewels in the veil.)

I think it'd be awesome...it'd totally rid me of my Converse idea (which would please my mother greatly!  hahahaha...I don't actually think I'd ever be able to go through with it anyway.)

Yeah, those were a few of my findings (There were tons of Audrey and Katy things that I liked, but people generally know and love Audrey already...and a lot of Katy's things are pretty extreme...love her tho!)...the only real possibility is the top Zooey one (and that's only if I could find a cheap sweater that fit right...oooh, and a wool pencil skirt, and to make it church-y a big red bow in my hair instead of a hat...k, now I want that real bad!  hahaha)...So tomorrow I'm going to go deposit my latest paycheck and visit D.I., Susie's Deals (where EVERYTHING is $6 or less), TJ Maxx, Ross, and then maybe a few other stores if there're sales to see if I can find anything for my favorite holiday...I'm excited (and then the search for either a borrowed formal or one that's under $20 begins!)

Happy fashion!  :)

~Manda

14 comments:

  1. love zooey's tights. the color is simply stunning. the same goes for her yellow skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so excited about dressing up for Valentine's Day too! Just about to shop in search of the perfect shirt to go with a red dress I have.

    Zooey style is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspirational to hear about someone pursuing their dream and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. Wheel straightener We are doing like Wheel Repair tool, wheel repair machine, wheel straightener, Alloy wheel repair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog i read this blog so i am impressed and please next update your content i wait for next update this blog .and i daily follow this site
    Maxidus

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post will be enough Just about Architectural 3D rendering everything looks astounding demonstrated a guarantee of appreciation is all together to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. Autovermietung Kaufportale Auto-Motorrad-Welt beste Unternehmen in der Finanz für alle geben besten Automobil-Service im Auto.Automobilclubs Autovermietung,Autovermietung Kaufportale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. It’s amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often

    _______________________
    Handbags Shopping in UAE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quality training is a dynamic idea. It advances with time and is liable to social, monetary and ecological conditions. In any case, global human rights law gives a general legitimate structure that ensures quality training.Manuka méz és méhpempő

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is extraordinary joy to visit your web journal and to make the most of your fantastic data here. Much obliged to you a considerable measure it is the thing that I was seeking.
    Antiques and collectibles

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are going for finest contents like myself, just go to see this site daily for the reason that it gives feature contents, thanks
    Buy electronic cigarette

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a visualized display can be better then just a straightforward text, if stuff are defined in graphics one can without difficulty be familiar with these.
    Detalles de boda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankfulness to my father who informed me about this weblog, this web site is truly amazing.
    Sleeping bag

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I am mainly surprised by way you use uniqueness with almost every single detail. It might become genuine heading to aid me a great offer. Thank you for sharing your suggestions.

    Women tights

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really New York City, like a number of metropolitan areas. I live to get advice from consultant, I think this barely works for anything! So they get a low score and a better grade, okay.

    Wicked habits

    ReplyDelete