Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shopping spree!!

I did end up going shopping today.  I didn't find the beret at D.I. (not too surprising being that I saw it about a week ago.)  Unfortunately there wasn't anything that caught my eye on my trip today.  When you're looking for specifics you generally can't find what you're looking for.  I did, however, find a really pretty navy blue formal that was velvet on top and satin on the bottom with ribbon around the waist and a bow with rhinestones on the back.  It was $25 and one size too small for me tho :(  (I've also given myself the limit of $20 for a formal).  So yeah, I didn't get that either.

After D.I. I went to Susie's Deals (the best store on the planet) and finally found a black button up vest.  It was a lot cooler than what I had in mind (I've been looking for one since about September) and I found a really long, sleeveless hoodie that does just about nothing for my figure, but it's so comfy and feels cute, so that doesn't really matter too much to me.  And I found a red sweater with a big button on the collar for tomorrow (pics are forthcoming).  I wasn't positive if I liked it, so I bought it with the intention of returning it if I found something better.

Then I went to ShopKo where I found something I've been in need of for a while: a plain, says nothing, hearty (y'know, good quality, will survive the apocalypse), just below knee length, straight black skirt.  It was on sale, but it was still more than I wanted to spend by a few dollars...but it was 50% off and I'd been looking for a skirt just like it for FOREVER...so I did end up getting it.  Plus, it made me LOVE the sweater I had just bought.  I also found the awesomest silky scarf on clearance that totally goes with my new sweater and new skirt...so, voila: Valentines outfit!

I then headed toward the mall just to see what sales might be going on.  I got a little girl's red hair bow at Claires and I found a cream beret on clearance at Charlotte Russe.  At Charlotte Russe I found out the most devastating news EVER!!!  They carry my absolute all time favorite scent: Shine!  But they discontinued it about three months ago (yeah, I hardly ever go to the mall now)...it's the perfume I've been in love with since I was 14.  The smell isn't overbearing at all, and not super sweet or musky.  It smells a little like grapefruit, and it reminds me of happy times in junior and high school...farewell Shine...you're still my favorite!  I will miss you!!!

After that I went to the Sunflower Farmer's Market for the last few things I needed for Valentine's brunch after church tomorrow.  (We're having French toast, heart shaped sausage, eggs, hot chocolate, orange juice, apple juice, etc...I am so excited!!!  I'm doing all the cooking...that's why it's all breakfast foods...I never really seem to have any problems cooking breakfast.)

So, happy Valentines Day tomorrow...get excited for one of the most pointless, frivolous holidays of the year that's all about being all lovey dovey and red and pink...oh, how exciting!!!

~Manda

P.S.  Here's a picture with my new scarf, beret, and sweater...I'm a Deschanel wannabe...oh well.

3 comments:

  1. This is coming from Grandma's computer -- but it's me -- Aunt Marilyn. I love following your blog and all of your fun adventures. Love the scarf - wish I could see the sweater more. Amanda -- you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...as your mom, I think you're silly! You are darling though. I got so excited about sending your papers for your mission today! Yeah! and scary. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have I been since valentine dresses, scales and shopping spree...just found you today, even though Marilyn did use my name, Yeah and exciting for us g/g mission papers. Your picture is so cute. love your gab and garb...gm

    ReplyDelete