Monday, February 8, 2010

The Princess and the Frog....and *sigh* Louisiana


So I finally saw the Princess and the Frog today (my roommate had it downloaded on her computer and gave it to me).  It was SOOOO cute!!!  I absolutely LOVED it!  (I think it'll probably be up there with the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast in my book...which are my all time favorite Disney movies).


I loved the music and the characters, but the thing I probably loved most (besides all the 1920's fashion--dresses, hats, shoes, hair...LOVED that!!!) was how Louisiana it was!  I loved the firefly zydeco band, the alligators, the accents, the food (benyays....yummmmm!!!! and frog legs, and crawfish, and gumbo...I know I didn't get to eat it or anything...but all the food down there is soooo good!!!), the jazz, the Mardi Gras parade, the freaky voodoo stuff (sooo freaky....sooo scary!!!), the trees, the bayou...ALL of it!!!  I just adored the whole thing!  It was so much fun!


So, because of this incredibly adorable movie I want to go down and visit Louisiana as soon as is humanly possible...and re-experience everything (so I'd be able to remember it).  Yeah, I've always wanted to be able to say I'm from Louisiana...cuz that would be the COOLEST!!!  I mean, the pelicans, magnolias, Indian mounds, the moss, the way all the water in the air collects on everything and the fact that when you're camping it feels like the whole world took a shower while you were asleep, the rain (the warm rain), the complete lack of seasons, the green green green, the way you can practically see the air a lot of the time, all the trees, the flowers, the fact that there is so much life everywhere all the time, all the water (even though that gets really gross sometimes), the fog, the FOOD!!!, the people, the music...so yeah...go see the Princess and the Frog...instant classic there!!!

~Manda

1 comment:

  1. We sawe the movie several weeks ago and I loved it as well -- and I agree with you about Beauty and the Beast -- one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete