Monday, September 28, 2009

Sundays



I love Sundays. Church is so much fun (not to mention a great break from the week and life and everything. Well, with how much I love church, I do have to admit that staying awake is sometimes a challenge for me (especially during Sacrament meeting). So, to keep myself awake I generally draw. I drew a fun little tree this Sunday...I got a new scripture journal, and I love taking notes...especially during Relief Society and Sunday School, but it is a temptation to start drawing when you have paper in front of you, a pen in your hand, and you're me...but I think it's pretty cool.

Then after church I was so not wanting to finish up an analysis I had due Monday morning, so instead I decided to try to be creative and make the second of these little cut out things I'm working on...it's the fall scene. The two girls is the first one I did...it's in a black frame that has a mirror...I'll get scanned versions and better pictures of them in their frames soon. So yeah, that was Sunday...well, that and talking a lot to Shuey and staying up till 1 am talking to Scott McQueen...yeah, it was a very interesting night. But I LOVE Sundays!!!!
~Manda


my first cut out thingy

the painting I used...It's one of my absolute favorites from BYU's collection!!!

My little Fall scene I made on Sunday (I had absolutely no clue if it would work or not)

It's what the above pic is based on...I found it on deviantart.com (best place ever!!!)

3 comments:

  1. love, love, love your stuff. please keep showing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am back in Maine sitting on our bed looking through your art folder. Be sure and add them, don't lose any. BUT I especially liked my Manda holding them with such cute expressions. We are on our way to Salt lake tomorrow, that time of year. later and love gm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fall scene! very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete