Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Miss Ruthie Merrell!!!!!

So, today Ruthie Merrell is no longer a teenager. She's turned the big two-oh! Wow! I totally love that girl!!! She and I planned on waking up at 6:00 today and going over to a cemetery near my old house. (Fun times in that cemetery...let me tell you!) Well, knowing us (and the fact that Ruthie generally doesn't wake up till about 11:00) we weren't able to wake up on time. Drat, huh? Well, I was still able to give Ruthie her present...It was wrapped way pretty. I have a picture of it on my phone, but still no texting (life would be so much easier with unlimited texting!!! so much easier!). Well, I gave her a red and brown purse full of little inside jokes, like a plastic lei, a shoe pin, seashells, a dictionary, a lighter, a mini skateboard, a plastic tiara, nail polish and an emery board, a yogurt lid and a dollar store frisbee, a yellow crayon, body spray, and a Vera Bradley zip ID case (Frankly Scarlett). So, yeah, I gave that to her this morning. Then I had school until her school day started, then she had school till I went to work. We did plan on hanging out after I got off of work, but I was trumped by something way cute...well, Spencer. He's going to California (I think) from tomorrow till the end of fall break, and because he likes Ruthie so much, he wanted to do something with her on her birthday. So, oh well, right? It's the right thing to do, y'know, let your best friend go on a date with a guy you just so happen to like on her birthday, partially because he likes her not you, and partially because you're pretty sure she might like him back a little. Well, it's what I did...been kind of freaking out about it all day...but it's ok now, because Ruthie and Spencer are my friends and they deserve to be happy....*sigh*
And on that happy note (hahahahaha) fall break is this week!!!!! YAY!!!!! I didn't realise how badly I wanted a break till now! Things have just been going so fast that I didn't even think about needing a break...but it is very much welcomed! I have so much homework to do over the break!!! It's not even funny! Plus I finally got two of the books I ordered about a month ago...I'm not very happy with the companies I ordered them from. I ordered from Amazon, and I'm generally quite pleased with Amazon, but this time I really wasn't. First off, I ordered all my books pretty quick into the first part of school, but every single one of my orders was canceled and refunded...The biggest problem with that was I had planned on actually using my books, silly me, huh? So I re-ordered my books, even paying extra to be able to get my Art History book before the first test. The only book I got within the time frame they gave me was my Spanish book that I had ordered directly from the publisher, instead of through Amazon. So, three and a half weeks after my Art History test, I finally have two of my books, only one to go...but I'm okay with that company...they found out I didn't have my book yet and fully refunded me saying that they put my book in the mail, there's just no record of it through UPS. So if I end up getting that book, I get it for free...happy me!!!
Oh wow...I'm just full of good feelings today, aren't I? Let's try one more time. I had work today...I was a little late due to me locking my keys in my bedroom right before I was supposed to leave. Well, after totally freaking because I couldn't find anything small and strong enough to put in the little hole in my doorknob, I said a prayer. It wasn't two seconds later that I figured it out! It was amazing! I truly love my Heavenly Father so much! Well, while I was at work it got really, really, really slow. We all decided to start deep cleaning things. I got to wash all the mirrors and doors in the lobby, clean the tile on the walls, stuff like that. Well, then I found myself a real project. There's this wall behind the waffle iron we use to make waffle cones and it had a pretty thick layer of goo from custard, PAM, steam from waffles, waffle batter, etc. I decided to clean the wall. Wow, I did NOT know it was so dirty and gross to do that wall. But I'm so glad I did. It looks so much better now, and even though I wasn't exactly able to totally 100% finish it like I wanted to, it took up the rest of my shift to do! So, work was good!
OH!!! I have another happy thing from today! I'm taking Missionary Prep through the Institute at UVU and, well, first of all I love it! But also there's this really cute guy in my class, Chandler. He and I have sort of become Institute buddies. Well, today we had a quiz on the Plan of Salvation...it was so much fun! I can't think of a thing that isn't fun in that class! Well, lately I've been kinda down because I haven't been on a single date since April...it feels like forever!!! But it was so cool today in institute because I got to sit next to Paul, a kid I went to Orem High with that our teacher, for some reason, thinks is named Gary. I sat behind Chandler and his friend Mike, and next to this other really cool guy that I was apparently in choir with last year! hahahaha...who'd have thought? Well, when we were allowed to work on the quiz open book/neighbor all four of these guys turned to me! It was so much fun!!! I was able to talk about the gospel with four really cute guys all preparing to go on missions! I loved it! Institute is probably my favorite class this semester!!!
Well, now that I'm on a good news role, I should probably go to sleep. It's pretty late, and I'm happy now! Life is great! I hope I haven't said too much, but knowing me, I probably have! hahahaha...well, g'night!
~Manda the nerd! (hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment