Friday, October 9, 2009

LOOONG day



So, today has been a long, long, LONG day!!! We had the President Inauguration for President Holland (Elder Holland's son). The Inauguration went over (for about an hour) and the choir was the last thing (and in the middle)...so yeah, there were tests, busses, lessons, etc. all missed due to the length of the meeting. Then an hour after the inauguration was a sound check for Chamber choir for our performance at the president's ball (a hugely expensive banquet for the people who help with scholarships and stuff). And that lasted for about an hour. And let me tell you, we were AWFUL!!! At least the first few times through it. The way the stage was set up we couldn't hear the piano or each other...it was SO hard to sing the song! But then they got monitors and mics up and running...and that helped soooo much!!! I left that with a KILLER migraine and went back to my apartment to finish up some homework, watch the office, take something for the headache, and possibly get some sleep before our next performance. Well, I got really wound up due to some extenuating circumstances and the caffeine in the Excedrin migraine didn't help, so I wasn't exactly able to sleep. My roommate, Kimberlie, and I decided to go to Subway thinking that fresh air and lunch would be a good idea. It wasn't a bad idea, but I'm not completely sure it was a good idea. She and I got to talk, it's not like we don't do that all the time, but it was definitely good to talk to her...life has just been kind of hard lately...well, life and school...it was nice to commiserate. So, then after trying to go to sleep and so not being successful I got out of bed, fixed my hair and make up, put my dress back on, and ran to the bus (and yay, I caught it). I got to the school early, yay (I got to everything early today...woohoo), and voila, for some reason my headache was gone (and for some reason I was one of at least three people who left sound check with a migraine and got to the night performance and it was gone...must be something in the air). So we started warming up and going through our number...but you'll never guess where...a locker room shower! The acoustics were AMAZING!!! It was one of the coolest things I've ever heard! I wish we could always warm up in there..the sound we got really excited us and got rid of all the badness we had experienced at the sound check...we were gonna rock!
So the program got a little changed. We were supposed to sing in between Elder Holland and his son, but the Hollands had to leave to catch a flight, so we sang after he spoke and his son spoke. It was pretty awesome because we were allowed to hear the speeches from back stage. Back stage was also fun because I got to talk through a lot of the stuff that's been bothering me lately with the wonderful, darling, amazing Katie!!! (She's a girl from choir that does pageants and stuff. She's been Miss Davis County and in the top ten for Miss Utah) She was so sweet and really helped me out so much! And then we got to sing. It was kinda funny, because we are so not a show choir, yet today we sang two show tunes: Climb Every Mountain during the inauguration and For Good/Defying Gravity at the ball (the other piece we sang at the inauguration was Dona Nobis Pacem...it was fun) and during the Wicked medley we had to ham it up and look at each other and stuff...not stuff our choir is used to doing (at least not seriously). I dunno how many people actually did the looking at our neighbor thing, but we all would have rathered not to....just cuz it was funny and made us laugh most of the time. But according to Dyanne (our director) and how the performance felt...we did well! :)
And THEN after the performance, who do I see in the locker room but Marylin!!! It was awesome, she came back to say hi! I so most definitely did not expect that! It was pretty awesome!!!
So I got home after the performances just about exhausted, and there had been a party at our apt so there was all this leftover food. And low and behold my migraine is back and showing no mercy. I decided to take some more Excedrin (I know, I know...don't take it right before bed...but it hurt so much that I really couldn't sleep anyway) and after that had kicked in I went out to the living room and hung out with my roommates...well, all but Allison, she had a test she was getting ready to take and needed to sleep. But we all watched Enchanted and stayed up talking and laughing and singing till about 2:30. It was a blast (even though I was still nauseas from the headache...I wasn't all throbbing head pain, so all was good!) I broke my rule of no food after dark, but I think it's totally fine...I had a looooooong day!!!



K, so I was tired and all headache-y between concerts, right? but I couldn't sleep (partially in fear that my hair would go flat...hahahahaha) So I had some fun with my webcam and these are a couple of my favorite pics! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment