Monday, October 19, 2009

MONTEVERDI


So, a few years ago I did a project on the similarities between opera and the Beatles. It was fun. Well, I did a lot of research on the origins of opera and I learned that the father or Opera was Claudio Monteverdi! We just got to him in my Music History and Lit class and I got soooo excited. Well, in the Renaissance the greatest composer was Josquin des Prez, a Franco Flemish composer. After (chronologically) Josquin, Monteverdi is the greatest composer! He was a great example of a transition composer (yes, like Beethoven) because he has a lot of Renaissance, he fathered the opera and opened the doors in the Baroque period, he also proved points of how good composers have different styles for different occasions (he started that idea pretty much!) Oh my goodness! I just LOVE Monteverdi!!! He freaking ROCKS!!! And we get to study him now!!!! YAY!!!!! Just thought I'd let y'all know! :)
~Manda

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you love him...i love you and understand you better.gm

    ReplyDelete