Sunday, October 4, 2009

Quick Conference Overview


So I got to go to two sessions of conference today. And my good friend, David Shuey, came with me! I just wanted to share a few of the things that happened up at conference. They don't really have a lot to do with things I learned, but it's fun stuff anyway!

So first of all I went to high school with Shuey. We hung out at school a few times but we weren't really great friends or anything. Well, after graduation he and I talked to each other online a lot, and as of quite recently we've been hanging out a lot too. He's pretty much one of my best friends, so I asked him if he wanted to go to conference. He was a little reluctant at first (due to so much homework etc) but after telling him about going through the cool way and yummy lunch (and me getting as excited as I get as excited as I do about conference) he said yes! So yeah, he got to go to the conference center for the first time...and it was pretty fun.

K, so I LOVE my cousins. I was so excited when I got to my grandma's condo and saw my two BEAUTIFUL cousins, Camilla and Rachel. I just love them so so so sooooo much!!! I love it when I get to see family...I just feel so at home when I do! I also got to see my "cute aunt", Jean!!!!! I just love my family so so much!!!



So, cool little thing happened as we were going into the big, giant conference room, we passed David Archuleta!! I wouldn't have know it was him, but I saw a picture of him once almost a year ago. We asked if we could get a picture, but one of his people told us "he's not taking pictures today". So, no picture of us with David Archuleta. Sad day :( (hahahahaha)


Then, as we were leaving the afternoon session we ran into D. Todd Christopherson. We didn't ask for his picture, but I did get to shake his hand!!!! It was WAY awesome!

And THEN, during the afternoon session the choir sang MY song!!!!!!!!! YAY! They sang O Divine Redeemer!!!! That is my favorite solo of all time! It's pretty much my testimony in music form.....I was in AWE!!! It was just about the neatest thing ever!!! I LOVE conference!

So I love conference, and this one was TOTALLY awesome! It seemed like everything pointed to love and revelation....it was pretty freaking cool! So, that's all!
~Manda

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, love your words, and hmmmm . . . love you! Thanks for getting right on it. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was all "totally awesome" -- great to see you and thanks for being such a great cousin to Camilla.

    ReplyDelete