Friday, October 30, 2009

I freaking LOVE college life!!!!!

Ok, oh my gosh is college fun or what!? I LOVE my classes, I love my friends (I occasionally love my homework! hahahaha) I love music and singing and everything! (I even love my job, regardless of how incredibly frustrating it is!!!) But lately I've really just been loving my friends! Now granted, I don't have a BUNCH of friends, but I do have two absolutely amazingly awesome friends! Last night Kimberlie and I really wanted to get out of the apartment and Shuey really wanted to get out of his house, so we started on our adventures! (hahahaha)

We decided to go to Target! So fun..I bought paper and Kimberlie bought school supplies...I know, exciting, huh?!

Well, then we went to Best Buy to check out DJ hero (weird game!!!). We saw the coolest kid (probably like 5 or something) with his brothers playing the Beatles Guitar hero...his two older brothers were playing it too, but the littlest one was doing the singing and although it embarrassed his brothers, he rocked...you could hear him throughout the whole store!!! Well, we got bored with DJ hero pretty fast...then we looked at washers, dryers, fridges, microwaves, stoves/ovens, and lots of other appliances that we couldn't wait to buy when we're rich. And then as we were about to leave we heard some awesome sound coming from somewhere, so we went to find it! The sound was coming from this little cubical with couches and two (awesome) TVs that were playing Transformers on a blu-ray player. The combination of the sound system and the picture was one of the most incredible things I've ever experienced in my many hours of media viewing! The picture was so clear and perfect and real it almost hurt to watch! It was AMAZING! I'd never really understood why people like blu-ray so much, but oh my GOSH!!!!!! It seriously felt like the characters could literally come out of the screen; like if I just reached through I could become part of the movie. I will NEVER wonder about people's obsession with blu-ray ever again...that was something to behold! WOW!!

So, after that we left Best Buy and didn't know where to go, but Kimberlie saw Jo-Ann's and she needed to buy some fabric for a shirt for her sewing class, so we went there. We found the COOLEST dragon fabric...their flames were sparkly!!! We found buttons and thread to match...and then we saw the line. We got a ticket and we got 00...they were on 63. We weren't too stoked about waiting.



And then I came up with the GENIUS idea of going to Coneys to get some custard while we waited (it was pretty much next door, and although it was freeeezing outside they liked the idea too!!!) So we went and got some custard (and my friend, Emily, was working and was the supervisor, so she told Spencer that it was ok to give me the discount even though I wasn't working...sweet! 50% off custard! Pays to be nice!!! hahaha) Then we went back to Jo-Ann's and they were only on 78/79...crazy! So we decided to look at pattern books, specifically costumes...it was fun! Then Kimberlie got her fabric all cut and bought and we were on our way, not sure of what to do again.

Shuey has been wanting to go bowling a lot lately, and I like bowling, but Kimberlie adamantly refused. But we ended up at Fat Cats anyway. Well, Kimerlie's childhood friend is coming up and needed a place to stay, so Kimberlie had been asking all her guy friends if he could stay with them, and Luke said yes. Well, he's been trying to hang out with her for a while, so she invited him to come bowling with us. It was so much fun, and after almost two whole games Kimberlie also invited Cody. (he is soooo tall and sooo big...but I'm a better bowler! YES!!!) So we ended up playing 4 1/2 games (we payed for unlimited bowling for the night, so we stayed till they closed) Oh my goodness....last night was so much fun!!!!
I totally freaking LOVE college life!!!! Staying up all night having fun, and then staying up all night studying, eating cheap food, never sleeping, loving school, getting so sick and tired of school... I love it all! It's the best, but right now my favorite part is my friend!!!!! They are so awesome!

(oh, side note: The three of us, after a 7-eleven hot chocolate run, decided to see if we could drive all the way around Utah Lake...that was quite an adventure, let me tell you!) So yeah, I totally adore my friends, and I hope everyone else does too, cuz they rock!!!

~Manda

Oh, P.S. I love pics on my blog, but I didn't have my camera last night (plus Kimberlie and Shuey don't like getting their pictures taken--lame) But hopefully in the future I'll have legit pics...cuz you know what they say: "pics, or it didn't happen!" hahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment